Who is your favorite writer?
I like Lee Cheong-joon. 
Do you know him? He passed away on July 31th this year. He died of lung cancer.
The first time I got to know him was when I was in high school. At that time, my homeroom teacher told us about one of his short stories that she had just read, the title of which is "Hidden Finger" - called "숨은 손가락" in Korean. At that time, I was very impressed and a little shocked by the story. The background of it was when our country was divided into right-wing and left-wing right after the Korean War. At that time, many people could not help being sacrificed because of ideology, even though they didn't know about ideology, what is right or left. Our modern history always makes me sad.
One of my favorite novels among his various works is "this Paradise of Yours" called "당신들의 천국" in Korean. It's about a leper colony in 소록도. Since I read it a long time ago, I can't remember its details. But maybe the novel made me be into the writer Lee. Since then, I read various books of his. And I like his style of writing.
Who is your favorite writer?

Do you know him? He passed away on July 31th this year. He died of lung cancer.
The first time I got to know him was when I was in high school. At that time, my homeroom teacher told us about one of his short stories that she had just read, the title of which is "Hidden Finger" - called "숨은 손가락" in Korean. At that time, I was very impressed and a little shocked by the story. The background of it was when our country was divided into right-wing and left-wing right after the Korean War. At that time, many people could not help being sacrificed because of ideology, even though they didn't know about ideology, what is right or left. Our modern history always makes me sad.
One of my favorite novels among his various works is "this Paradise of Yours" called "당신들의 천국" in Korean. It's about a leper colony in 소록도. Since I read it a long time ago, I can't remember its details. But maybe the novel made me be into the writer Lee. Since then, I read various books of his. And I like his style of writing.
Who is your favorite writer?

8 comments:
Hi, Custie.
I read your favorite writer, Lee Cheong-joon.
I like Rhyu Sihwa.
I graduated from Daegwang highschool and Gyunghee Universityu.
I read proverb poetry. His poem is full of proverb. I like it. There are many figurative language.
Bye.
hi custie ...
i really want to post my comment here but... now any special writer comes up in my mind...
it's been a long time to read a novel regulary. and the writers i liked at that time were not impressive any longer...
and novels i read nowadays like the painter of wind(바람의 화원) mi-something..(i'm not sure the name) anyway these are just for fun...
sorry..
nowadays i feel i'm a boring and unenthusiastic person... um...
Share your energy and passion...with me ^^
Hey Kind Custie.
I'd like to answer but I don't have any particular writer in my mind. Hmm..let me think.
I like the novel titled "To kill a mocking bird," so I like the writer "Harper Lee" but she wrote just one book. And I love the Japanase novel "Kitchen" written by "Yoshimoto Banana".
I enjoyed reading Lee Cheong Joon's novel when I was in university. ^^
My favorite writer is Stephen King. Many people think his novels are too horrible but there are many humanistic books like "쇼생크 탈출" whenever I read his works, I think he has a really good talent to attract readers' attention. I can't stop reading his books when I start to read.
무대공포증 is maybe agora phobia or stage phobia. And I'm happy because I got to know that word leper from somewhere and can see here again.
I don't have any particular favorite writer because I don't care about the writer when I choose books. I read various kinds or genres of books except scientific things. That's not my type.
Hello, Custie
Enjoy your 4 days weekend.
I really like to post my message here in your cute blog. However, i can't remind any writer.
I like to read novel, especially Jo Jeong-rae's novel. I think he is one of the best writer in Korea.
Hi Custie,
Your books sound quite interesting. I'm drawn towards fantasy and science fiction books and these days I'm listening to a lot of audio podcast novels. Some of my favorite authors are writing for the internet audience and are creating wonderful stories that are free for everyone. Phillipa Ballentine is one podioauthor that has written a book about the life of William Shakespeare and I'm enjoying that a lot.
Post a Comment